Good news to those who want their children to start out in one of the best kindergarten institutions in the country: the UP Integrated School (UPIS) Kindergarten. The UPIS Kindergarten Admission Test for AY 2012-2013 is now open!
2012 UPKAT Important Dates:
Before anything else, mark the following dates down in your calendar:
Issuance of Application Forms: January 16-February 3, 2012
Monday-Friday 8:00 – 12:00 (AM); 1:00 – 5:00 (PM)
Filing/Processing of Application Forms: February 1-10, 2012
Monday-Friday 8:00 – 11:00 (AM); 1:00 – 4:00 (PM)
Note that UPKAT application forms will be processed according to a set schedule based on applicants’ surnames. In other words, you actually have only one day to submit your UPKAT application and get it processed. The following is the UPKAT application form submission and processing schedule:
Test Administration: April 2-4,9-17, 2012
Monday-Friday 7:00 – 11:00 (AM)
Release of results: May 4, 2012 (Friday)
On this date, the list of UPKAT qualifiers will be posted at the website www.upis.upd.edu.ph and at the following venues:
- UPIS Bldg. 1
- UPIS Grades 3-6 Bldg.
- UPIS K-2 Bldg.
Issuance of letter of admission by the Principal’s Office: May 7 – 11, 2012 (Friday)
Examinees who did not qualify can also expect UPKAT results notification by mail.
Deadline for filing intention to enroll: May 11, 2012 (Friday)
UPIS KAT 2012: Number of slots available
The UPIS has only 100 kindergarten slots for the Academic Year of 2012-2013. Of these 100 slots, 60 slots are automatically reserved for the children of the University of the Philippines’ personnel. The remaining 40 slots are awarded to children of non-UP Personnel.
UPKAT 2012 Eligibility criteria
To be eligible to take the UPKAT and apply for a place in the 2012-2013 UPIS kindergarten intake year, the applicant must be 5 1/2 – 6 1/2 years of age by June 2012. As an additional guideline, his or her birth date must fall within this range: November 15, 2005 -December 31, 2006. Furthermore, he or she must not have taken the UPIS Kindergarten Admission Test before.
How to Apply for the 2012 UPIS Kindergarten Admission Test
1. Get a copy of the UPKAT 2012 Application Form and Test Permit Form (the latter is attached to the former).
Important: There are two types of application form. The WHITE form is for Non-UP Personnel; the GREEN form is for UP Personnel. Make sure you get and accomplish the correct application form.
Where to get an application form:
- Online: The UPIS kindergarten admission test application form for children of non-UP personnel may be obtained from the UPIS website. Here’s a direct link to the application form: http://www.upis.upd.edu.ph/KindergartenAdmissionTestForm2012_2013.pdf.
- UPIS High School Building: The UPIS kindregarten admission test application form for all applicants – both children of UP personnel and children of non-UP personnel – is available at the UPIS 7-10 Bldg. The UPIS campus is located along Katipunan Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City. To get there, just follow Katipunan Avenue (going from Ateneo or Miriam) to the University of the Philippines Diliman. You’ll find it at the right side of the road before you get to to the UP Diliman Balara entrance.
2. Completely fill out the correct UPKAT 2012 Application Form as well as the attached Test Permit Form.
Important: When filling out the forms, make sure to write in BLOCK letters (not cursive), and use X to mark boxes when appropriate.
3. To the application form, attach/include the following documentary requirements:
- Two (2) recent 1 ½” x 1 ½” identical photos; paste this on to the designated boxes – one to the UPKAT Application Form, the other to the Test Permit Form.
- Birth Certificate from the National Statistics Office or NSO – Original
- Birth Certificate – Clear photocopy of the original birth certificate above-mentioned
- IF BORN ABROAD: Original Passport and a Clear photocopy of said original passport.
- One long, white letter envelope with postal stamp. On the envelope, write down the applicant’s name, the name of the applicant’s parent /guardian, and the address – with zip code – where you want to receive your UPKAT results notification.
4. Go to the UPIS Multi-Purpose Hall to submit your completely accomplished UPKAT Application Form and Test Permit to the faculty processors.
Don’t forget to follow the UPIS Submission and Processing schedule mentioned earlier.
5. After the previous step, proceed to the UP Cashier’s Office to pay the testing fee (max. of PhP 500).
The UP Cashier’s Office is inside the UP Diliman campus. It’s in the PNB Building. When you see PNB – the bank – go around back to get to the UP Cashier’s Office. (Note: The PNB Building is near the UP Shoppping Center, the UP Infirmary and the UP Chapel).
6. Go back to the UPIS Multi-Purpose Function Hall to submit your official receipt, in exchange for which you will be given the applicant’s Test Permit.
For more information on the UPKAT 2012
Contact the UPIS. The UPIS may be reached through the following contact information:
UP Integrated School
Katipunan Avenue, Diliman Quezon City 1101
Tel/Fax: (632) 9297797
Tel (632) 9818500 loc 4451-52
Email address for admission inquiries:
email@example.com (you must include a subject heading to prevent your email from being classified as Spam).