MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) offers scholarships to international students who want to study at Japan College of technology.
Courses Covered: Engineering Courses
Grantees will receive…
* A four year scholarship including one year preparatory education in the Japanese Language
* Y125, 000 monthly
* An economy class air ticket
* Entrance fee assistance
* Matriculation fee assistance
* Tuition fee assistance
REMINDER: The scholarship will not be paid if the grantee takes a leave of absences from his/her college.
* Applicant must have the nationality of a country which has diplomatic relations with the Japanese Government.
* Applicant must have been born between April 2, 1990 and April 1, 1995.
* Applicant must complete an 11 year or longer curriculum starting at elementary school.
* Applicant must be willing to learn the Japanese Language.
* Applicant must be mentally and physically healthy.
* Applicant must acquire a “College Student” visa.
An applicant is NOT QUALIFIED if…
* He/she is a Japanese nationality at the time of application
* His/her visa is not stated as “College Student”
* He/she is a service member or a civilian employee registered on the active military list
* He/she is a grantee of other scholarship grant
It is said that a grantee can lose his/her scholarship if…
* His/her application documents contain false information
* He/she has a poor academic achievement
* He/she has a suspension
* He/she is provided with other scholarship
* He/she incapable of completing the prescribed course at the preparatory school
* Application Form
* Photographs taken within 6 months
SIZE: 4.5×3.5 cm (upper body, full faced, uncapped)
* Academic Transcript for 3 years
* Recommendation from the Principal or Adviser
* Graduation Certificate
* Certificate of Enrollment
* Medical Certificate
Documents must be written in Japanese or English if not it must be attach with English or Japanese Translation. Application will not screen if the documents submitted is not correctly completed. All submitted documents will not be return and medical certificate must be on prescribed form.
Process of Selection:
The Japanese Legation will screen the applicants by their submitted application documents, interviews and academic examinations. The Japanese Legation will notify the applicants for the result of the screening. The chosen applicants will be recommended by the MEXT. MEXT will perform the final selection and select scholarship grantees.
MEXT Scholarship is offered annually. The information above may end but some of the information may not change. For clear and more accurate information, you may contact…
Scholarship Contact Details:
Japan Information and Culture Center
Embassy of Japan
2627 Roxas Boulevard, 1300 Pasay City, Philippines
551-5710 Ext. 2314/2316