Call Center Agent Course and Career Info Description
No specific college course is needed to become a call center agent, but having an ICT- related course also gives you opportunities to become a part of their technical support staff. Also, if you want to apply for a call center agent position, it will benefit you to undergo English proficiency courses as well as oral fluency and accent reduction programs. It will also benefit you if you undergo customer service as well as sales and marketing training programs,
Cost of Education:
The cost of education depends upon your college course, of course. But if you want to undergo training programs specifically geared towards the call center industry, the cost can range anywhere from P3,000 for 32 hours of training to P5,000 for 100 hours of training.
Top Universities for Course:
- There are numerous institutions that provide call center training programs. For example, some TESDA-accredited call center companies in the country offer training programs to fresh graduates, examples of which are the BPO Training Academy and Call Center Academy.
Top Universities Link:
Course Skills and Factors
- Good customer service skills and rapport with people.
- Ability to work night shifts.
- Organization skills with an eye for even the smallest details.
- Ability to make independent judgment.
- A good grasp of the English language, not only written but also oral as well.
- Computer proficiency, particularly Spreadsheet and Word processing software as well as Order Processing System and Internet software.
- Typing skills and navigational skills.
- Knowledge in other languages such as Chinese, Spanish, Japanese, etc. is a huge benefit.
- The main responsibility of a call center agent is to handle calls, both inbound as well as outbound, in a very professional and pleasant manner. The calls to be handled can involve customer service calls such as product complaints, disputes, inquiries and requests, marketing, as well as billings. You will also handle technical help desk services as well as order taking services. It is also your duty to verify the correctness of the customer’s information as well as document their pertinent data.
Career Outlook and Global Demand
Locally, we will see a huge increase for call center agents as more international companies hire Filipino workers for their competency and English language skills. In fact, we will see some 25,000 job openings each year. As for global demand, there are numerous international companies that hire home-based call center agents directly. If you wish to go abroad, countries that hire Filipino call center agents are UAE, Bahrain, Singapore, and Malaysia.
Call center agents can earn as much as P10,000 monthly, but the salary increases though as skills are developed. For example, you are fluent in other languages, then you can earn as much as P25,000 monthly.
Opportunities for Advancement:
Call center agents who underwent supervisory training programs as well as leadership training programs can advance to a higher position such as a team leader position and supervisor position. If you undergo business and account management training programs as well as project planning programs, you could advance to middle manager position.