Academic-Clinic.com, in cooperation with Brain Train Review and Tutorials, is excited to bring you “The Brain Train Essay Writing Contest!”
Here’s how it works. Like all essay-writing contests (duh! 🙂 ), contestants must write an essay on a specific topic. Three winners will be selected – and each of these three winners will win a FREE UPCAT Review*± with Brain Train Review and Tutorials!
Sounds like a sweet prize? Well then, put your thinking cap on, take paper and pen out and start writing your mind-blowing essay!
Essay Topic: How I plan to conquer the UPCAT / My UPCAT Master Plan
Take note that this is the topic around which your essay must revolve. However, we expect you to give your masterpiece a unique title. Essays may be written in English or Tagalog. There are no maximum or minimum number of words.
Submission of Entries: March 24, 2012 – April 14, 2012 (10:00pm)
Voting Period: From date of submission until April 21, 2012 (10:00pm)
Announcement of Winners: April 22, 2012
Winner Selection Mechanics:
- 1 winner is People’s Choice – the entry with the greatest number of “Likes”
- 1 winner is Academic-Clinic’s Choice – the entry chosen by Academic-Clinic
- 1 winner is Brain Train’s Choice – the entry chosen by Brain Train
FREE UPCAT Review*± at any one of the following Brain Train UPCAT Review venues:
- Los Banos, Laguna
- Greenfield, Sta. Rosa City, and
- New England College, Quezon City
* If winner wants to avail of his/her prize at a venue other than those specified above, he or she MUST pay a minimal fee of P1,600.00 to cover review venue costs.
± If a winner turns out to be already enrolled in the Brain Train UPCAT Review Program, then his or her registration fee will be refunded – provided that P1,600 will be deducted from the refunded amount if the student is enrolled in a venue other than the venues specified above.
Prizes are non-convertible to cash and non-transferable.
ESSAY WRITING CONTEST FOR FREE UPCAT REVIEW RULES and REGULATIONS
I. Who are eligible to join
This contest is open to all incoming senior high school students (or equivalent) who are17 years old and below.
II. HOW TO JOIN
Eligible contestants must:
2. Contestants who follow Brain Train on Twitter (@bra1n_tra1n) get plus points as Brain Train’s Choice.
3. Contestants who post “Joining @Brain Train Review Center and @Academic Clinic’s FREE UPCAT Review Contest!” get plus points as Brain Train’s Choice.
5. Contestant must email his or her entry to email@example.com during the entry-submission period. Entries will be forwarded to Brain Train, after which they will appear at the Brain Train Review and Tutorials website (www.brain-train.com.ph/blog).
6. Contestant must promote his or her entry. Facebook “Likes” may start accruing right after submission – so the sooner one submits an entry, the more time he or she has of collecting “Likes.”
III. CLAIMING OF PRIZES
1. Academic-Clinic.com will announce the 3 winners at Academic-Clinic.com as well as in the Academic-Clinic.com Fan Page on April 22, 2012. We will also email the winners.
2. Winners must then coordinate with Brain Train Review and Tutorials to claim their prize. Winners must not hesitate to contact Academic-Cinic.com if they need help coordinating with Brain Train Review and Tutorials.
3. Prizes not claimed until April 30, 2012 will be voided.
- Brain Train Review and Tutorials is furnishing the prizes for this particular contest.
- All entries will become property of Brain Train Review and Tutorials.
- Brain Train Review and Tutorials reserves the right to use all entries on their website as well as on other venues for marketing purposes or for any other purpose.