To participate in the Brain Train UPCAT Essay-Writing Contest for 2014, compose an essay about the essay topic, use the form below to submit it (mind the the deadline), promote it among your friends, family and schoolmates during the Facebook Voting Period, then wait for the announcement of winners.
It’s that simple! So what are you waiting for? JOIN NOW!
See below for complete information on the essay-writing contest.
UPCAT Essay-Writing Contest Details
How I Plan to Conquer the UPCAT! [Title may be Changed]
Submission Period: January 22-Febuary 14, 2014
Facebook Voting Period: Febuary 15-28, 2014
Announcement of Winners: March 8, 2014
3 Winners Will Be Chosen
- People’s Choice – the entry with the greatest number of Facebook “Likes”
- Academic-Clinic’s Choice – the entry chosen by Academic-Clinic
- Brain Train’s Choice – the entry chosen by Brain Train
Each of the 3 Winners will get 1 Brain Train UPCAT Review Slot* worth PhP 8,450.
No contestant may win more than 1 slot. Prizes are non-convertible to cash and non-transferable.
*The review slot may be claimed at either Los Baños, Laguna or Greenfield, Sta. Rosa City. If a winner wants to avail of his/her prize at a venue other than those specified above, he/she MUST pay a minimal fee of PhP 1,500.00 to cover review venue costs.
UPCAT Essay-Writing Contest Rules
This contest is open to all junior high school students (or equivalent) who are17 years old and below.
How to Join
Eligible contestants must:
- Become a fan of Academic-Clinic (http://www.facebook.com/academic.clinic) and Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center (http://www.facebook.com/braintraincenter) on Facebook. When it’s time to select and declare the 3 winners, we will consider only contestants who are confirmed fans of Academic-Clinic and Brain Train. We will also do a Random check if the Voters of the Winning piece are fans of both Fanpage so tell your friends to like these pages too.
- When the Submission Period commences, visit the contest page (yes, it’s this page), click “Like” or “Send” and/or “Share” so you can share this contest page to other social networks using the readily available options above.
- Next, complete the submission form (found above). This will send your entry to Academic-Clinic for moderation.
- After 1 or 2 days, check this page to look for your essay. Post a comment on our Fanpage too so that we will know you have submitted an entry.
- Open your published essay entry, copy the URL then paste that on to Brain Train’s fan page wall. This will officially notify Brain Train that a new entry is available at Academic-Clinic for their consideration.
- When the Facebook Voting Period commences, copy your published essay’s URL and promote it on Facebook.
- During the Facebook Voting Period, get as many “Likes” as you can. One “Like” is one vote. At this time, Brain Train and Academic-Clinic will also be reviewing all the entries from eligible contestants to choose the Brain Train’s Choice and the Academic-Clinic’s Choice, respectively.
- When the Facebook Voting Period ends, Brain Train will tally the Facebook votes for all entries. Brain Train and Academic Clinic will also finalize their respective winners.
- On March 8, 2014 all 3 winners will be declared. The announcement will be published at Academic-Clinic, at the Academic-Clinic Fanpage and at the Brain Train Fan Page. Winners will also receive notice via email.
How to Gain Bonus Points
You can gain plus points that could increase your chance of becoming Brain Train’s Choice by:
- Following Brain Train and Academic Clinic on Twitter (@bra1n_tra1n) and (@acadclinic).
- Tagging Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center in relevant Facebook comments and shoutouts; by relevant comments and shoutouts, we mean those that pertain to the Brain Train UPCAT Essay Writing Contest 2014 or those that indicate you’re enrolling in Brain Train’s UPCAT Review.
- Mentioning Academic Clinic and Braintrain Review Center in your Essay Entries.
How to Claim Your Prize
Lucky winners must coordinate with Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center to claim their prize. Winners may also contact Academic-Clinic.com (admin [at] academic-clinic.com ) if they need help coordinating with Brain Train.
If a winner is already registered with Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center, then he or she is eligible to receive a refund of his or her registration fee, provided that:
- If said winner is enrolled in either the Los Baños or Greenfield venue, he or she shall receive a full refund.
- If said winner is enrolled in a venue other than that in Los Baños or Greenfield, he or she shall be refunded his or her review fee diminished by the PhP 1,500.00 charge that will cover review venue costs.
Prizes not claimed by (DATE HERE) will be voided.
UPCAT Essay-Writing Contest Important Notes
- This contest is sponsored by Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center. Brain Train is furnishing all the prizes for this contest.
- All entries will become property of Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center.
- By submitting your entry, you give Academic-Clinic and Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center the right to publish it at their website, blog and all other venues (whether their own or designated by them), both online and offline, for marketing or any other purpose.
A little something about Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center:
Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center is one of the leading UPCAT Review Centers in the country. It was named UPCAT Review Center of the Year in Academic-Clinic’s Students’ Choice Award for two consecutive years (2011 and 2012).