To enable financially underprivileged but intellectually capable students to pursue tertiary education, the University has launched the “Working Scholars Program”, now known as the Student Assistantship Program. Under the UE Students Assistant Program, qualified students shall render service in Departments of the University where their services are needed provided the functions to be performed are related to the course being pursued/undertaken by the students. Only in extraordinary cases, such as when no qualified applicant is available, may a student be accepted as a Student Assistant in a department with functions unrelated to the student’s field of concentration.
Aside from the opportunity to put in practice what they learn in the classrooms and to get a “feel” of the world of work, Student Assistants shall receive for the duration of their participation in the program a monthly allowance of SIX HUNDRED PESOS (P 600.00) for four (4) hours continuous work per day and granted free tuition and other school fees.
Any bonafide student of the University in the Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Education, Engineering and Fine Arts, is qualified to participate in the program provided he:
1. carries a load of at least twelve (12) units;
2. has no failing grade in any subject including P.E. and CMT/ROTC during the semester/summer term immediately preceding his application for participation in the Program. Grade of “W” and “X” are considered as non-passing grades or failures.
Applicants for Student Assistantship Program shall submit to the DHRD a duly accomplished application form (DHRD Form No. 116) with photocopy (original copies should also be presented for purposes of validation) of the following documents:
1. BIR Form No. 2316 (Tax withheld from parent/s)
2. Birth Certificate
3. 3 pcs. 1″ x 1″ picture
4. Registration Cards and Grades for the previous semester
5. Current Registration Card
6. NBI Clearance
7. Certification of Good Moral Character from a faculty member of the College where the applicant is enrolled.
please contact the Director or Assistant Director of the Department of Human Resources and Development (DHRD) for more information.
Number of Slots
Scholarship Application Schedule
|Application Period||Exam Schedule||Scholarship Results Date|
|before enrollment||UE CET Schedule||to be announced by the Admissions Office|
Scholarship Exam Coverage
- UE CET coverage