The Scholarship Program and Development of DLSHSI provides every Filipino student a unique opportunity to experience free Lasallian health sciences education.
This great mission is part of the thrust of De La Salle Philippines, Inc. in response to the 100 Years of Lasallian Presence in the country.
100% of the total fees including miscellaneous, special assessment and other fees, books, uniform, board and lodging (if available), physical exam fees and other medical tests and medical instruments (the benefits also depend on the needs of the scholars themselves as evaluated/assessed by the Scholarship Program and Development Center).
1. Filipino citizen and resident of the Philippines
2. Graduate of any baccalaureate degree or pre-med program
3. Graduated with Latin Honors (Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, Cum Laude)
4. Certificate of Latin Honors issued by the University Registrar or College Dean
5. National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) score of 90% and above
6. Official Transcript of Records (TOR)
7. Certificate of Moral Character
8. Certificate of General Weighted Average (GWA) or General Point Average (GPA)
9. Most recent Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or recent personal ITR if applicant is a working student/ Affidavit of Non-Filing of Income Tax Return (ITR)
10. Certificate of Employment
11. Barangay Captain or Mayor’s certification of family and income potential
12. Most recent billing statement (electricity, water, telephone, internet, cable, etc.)
13. One (1) pc 3r size graduation color picture
14. Letter of Intent addressed to the Director for Academic Services
1. All scholar-applicants are required to submit their letters of intent addressed to the Director for Academic Services, fill-out the application/data form and submit the accomplished application form on or before the set deadline with the following documents in a long brown envelope:
-Letter of scholarship application;
-Certificate of Moral Character
-Copy of the Income Tax Return (ITR) or Certificate of Non-Filing of Income Tax Return;
-Most recent billing statement (electric, water, telephone, internet, cable, etc.) and
-One (1) copy of 2×2 color picture.
2. All applications shall be pre-screened by the Scholarship Program and Development Center (SPDC) before forwarding the documents to the colleges concerned through the Collegiate Scholarship Committee chairs and College Deans.
3. The college through the Collegiate Scholarship Committee then evaluates the documents (the Collegiate Scholarship Committee chair may opt to call for an interview with the applicant as the application process continues) and submits prioritized list of candidates for scholarships to the SPDC.
4. The Scholarship Program and Development Center through the Collegiate Scholarship Committee may award a different type of scholarship if the applicants have been disqualified from their desired type and that available slots from other types of scholarships have been identified and the applicants themselves have satisfied all of the requirements.
5. All scholar-applicants must wait for the release of the final evaluation report by the Director for Academic Services and the Vice Chancellor for Academics.
6. They are advised to wait for further announcements (through the Office of the Director Bulletin of Information, DLSHSI website, and other correspondences).
7. The scholars are enjoined to visit the office of the Director for the confirmation of their status.
8. All College of Medicine scholars are expected to renew their scholarships every school year.
9. All scholars must fill-out and submit the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) at the beginning of every school year. The MOA contains all the policies and guidelines, conditions of scholarships, the provisions for the mandatory return of service, etc.
Number of Slots
Scholarship Application Schedule
|Application Period||Exam Schedule||Scholarship Results Date|
|before CAT schedule||CAT schedule please refer to http://www.dlshsi.edu.ph/admissions/college-admission-test-cat-schedule||one (1) week after the scheduled date of the examination|
Scholarship Exam Coverage
- CAT coverage