The De La Salle Araneta University (DLSAU) is the seventh campus of De La Salle Philippines. It was formerly known as the Gregorio Araneta University Foundation which was established in 1946 as the Araneta Institute of Agriculture in Bulacan, then transferred to Malabon the year after. In 1978 it was renamed as the Gregorio Araneta University Foundation. Integration of the university to the DLS System started since 1987 and in 2002 became an official member of the system.
The university specializes in Veterinary Medicine and Agricultural Sciences.
will vary according to the athlete’s rank as follows:
Full Athletic Assistantship – Privilege: Free tuition fee only.
Partial Athletic Assistantship – Privilege: 50% discount on tuition and laboratory fees only.
Full Athletic Assistantship:
Member of the mythical selection of the league where the school is participating.
Most valuable player of the team / event where he / she belongs as selected by his / her team mates / coach and other.
Nominated by the National Sports Association as a member or a candidate to the national team. National / Regional Competition.
Partial Athletic Assistantship:
Athletes who belong to the top 7th rank players of the particular event.
Old member of the team who actually played in the inter-school league or equal level tournament.
1. The grantee must have at least a general weighted average of 80% on his fourth year High School.
2. He / She must present a record of excellent performance in his / her event.
3. He / She must be in good physical health.
4. He / She must be able to pass the tryouts conducted before the beginning of the school year.
5. He / She must be willing to undergo training at least three hours a day, even days a week if he / she passes the tryouts.
6. He / She must not be more than 20 years of age if an entering, freshmen, nor more than 24 years old if sophomore or higher.
1. A grantee that incurs more than one failing grades in his / her subject in the proceeding semester is disqualified from renewing his Athletic Assistantship.
2. A grantee who have been subjected to any disciplinary action.
Recruitment & Selection:
1. Tryouts will be held before the end of each school year and will be announced to the different high schools as early as February.
2. Coaches for each particular event shall make the selection for the recommendation of the Athletic and Sports Coordinator and for final approval of the Vice President – Academics.
Terms & Condition:
1. Grantee renders services to the University as athlete to represent the school in athletic competition / exhibitions.
2. Grantee is required to enroll a minimum of 15 units and a maximum of 18 units every semester.
3. Grantee is only allowed a maximum of one (1) semester emergency leave from the school for reason of health or death in the family.
4. Dropping / adding of any subjects would need the permission of the Scholarship and Assistantship Coordinator / Athletic Coordinator and to be approved by the Vice President-Academics.
Number of Slots
Scholarship Application Schedule
|Application Period||Exam Schedule||Scholarship Results Date|
|before entrance examination||every Monday and Wednesday at 8:30AM||to be announced by the Admissions Office|
Scholarship Exam Coverage