Senior editors of the three (3) undergraduate student publications namely, The La Sallian (TLS), Ang Pahayagang Plaridel (APP)and Malate Literary Folio (MLF), may avail of specific tuition discounts through the DLSU Student Publications Tuition Discount program upon the recommendation of the Student Publications Office (SPO).
In recognition of his/her services to De La Salle University, the student editor will enjoy the following:
1. Advance enrollment privilege
2. Financial aid from the Scholarship and Financial Assistance (SFA) in the form of tuition discount
1. Applicants must meet the following requirements and submit the necessary certification to Student Publications Office (SPO) at least a month before the scheduled exams:
-Must have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.0 at the time of application or an average of 2.0 for the first two trimesters of the current academic year;
-Must have one year residence by the latest term prior to the acceptance of the office, applicable to all aspirants of any position in the editorial board;
-Must have a minimum academic load of 12 units per trimester for the entire academic year (Exception – a graduating student may enroll less than 12 units in his/her last year, provided that he/she is a full-time student of De La Salle University);
-Must have no other executive position in any major or minor publication or any recognized student organization during his/her assumption of office;
-Must have not been under probation and must not be found guilty of major offenses by the Discipline Board
1. TLS, APP and MLF conduct competitive examinations open to all the staff of the publications with specific guidelines supervised by the Editorial Screening Committee (ESC).
2. Only those who took and passed the qualifying exam will be allowed to serve as editor of the respective publications.
Examinations and Screening:
1. Applicants take the editorial examination and undergo an interview prescribed by the ESC where journalistic competence, technical proficiency, and management skills will be measured.
2. In cases of tie or minimal difference in the overall evaluation score, the ESC will have to deliberate on the results.
Announcement of results:
1. Results of the written exam and interview will be announced after two weeks and must be endorsed by the Director of Student Publications.
1. Applicants may run for more than one position in only one publication.
2. Applicants may not apply in two different publications.
3. The desired position must be clearly indicated according to preference in the application form to be submitted before the applicant takes the written exam.
1. All the benefits and privileges are subject to the following terms and conditions:
-A CGPA of 2.0 at the end of every term. Otherwise, he/she will be appointed as officer-in-charge (OIC).
-At least 15 hours of service rendered per week, as manifested in a log book to be validated weekly by the Editor-in-Chief of his/her publication and the Director of the Student Publications.
-Good or better discipline record as certified by the Discipline Office.
Duration of Grant:
Scholarship benefits expire every term.
Student Publications Office
Room 501-503 Br. Connon Hall
De La Salle University
2401 Taft Avenue, Malate Manila, Philippines 1004
Tel. No.: (632) 524-4611 Ext. 738
Number of Slots
Scholarship Application Schedule
|Application Period||Exam Schedule||Scholarship Results Date|
|starts on the second half of the third trimester||editorial examinations and interview||two weeks after examinations and interview; to be announced by the DLSU OAS|
Scholarship Exam Coverage
- journalistic competence
- technical proficiency
- management skills