The Scholarship for Children of Co-Academic Personnel (SCC) for DLSU was formulated to provide scholarships to qualified children of co-academic personnel (CAP) of the University. The SCC is an alternative to the old tuition waiver scheme and took effect beginning AY 2010-2011.
The SCC covers tuition grants only (other fees not included) for children of CAP in active University service with at least three (3) years in service:
100% tuition grant for elementary level,
75% tuition grant for high school level,
100% tuition grant for college level (undergraduate degree program only).
This scholarship can be awarded to only two (2) children per CAP at all levels inclusive of the children of CAP who have benefited or currently benefiting from the tuition waiver scheme.
Any leave without pay for a minimum of three (3) continuous months availed of by a CAP during the academic year will mean a proportionate reduction on the SCC tuition coverage.
1. Children of CAP who has been in active service for at least three (3) years and continue to be in active University service may enjoy the benefit if he/she chooses it over the tuition waiver;
2. once a choice has been made, there can be no reversion to tuition waiver at any level, at any time during the scholar’s pursuit of study in La Salle Green Hills, De La Salle-Santiago Zobel School, De La Salle-Araneta University, De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde, or De La Salle University-Manila.
3. All applicants who meet the above-mentioned criteria must pass the entrance requirements or in case of conversion of tuition waiver, the Scholarship and Financial Assistance (SFA) application requirements (Appendix A) for La Salle Green Hills, De La Salle-Santiago Zobel School, De La Salle-Araneta University, De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde or De La Salle University-Manila where the applicant intends to enrol or is currently enrolled
1. Initial screening of applicants will be done by the SFA Office.
2. Submit the following requirements to the Scholarship and Financial Assistance (SFA) Office:
a. Accomplished SCC Application Form;
b. Official letter of acceptance from La Salle Green Hills, De La Salle-Santiago Zobel
School, De La Salle-Araneta University, De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde or De La Salle University-Manila (for college freshman or new grade school/high school student);
c. Copy of the previous report card indicating a passing average qualifying the student’s promotion to the next grade/year level the following year (for grade school/high school);
d. Copy of grades from the previous term with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 1.600 (for college upperclassmen);
e.Certification of good moral character from the Discipline Officer (or equivalent) of the school last attended.
3. All documents received by the deadline shall undergo verification and will be forwarded to the Human Resources Development Office (HRDO), which will return the
documents back to the SFA Office for processing.
• For new applicants, must meet the required cut-off scores of the school where the applicant intends to enroll or of the college degree program he/she is applying for; in case of conversion of tuition waiver to SCC, must meet the SFA application requirements
• Must have no previous disciplinary record
1. Maintenance of Grade Point Average (GPA) of not lower than 1.60 or its equivalent each term
2. Full-load enrollment in the courses prescribed in the program
3. Non-shifting of degree program except for highly meritorious reasons
4. Truthful reporting of information on all SFA forms
5. Compliance with the guidelines incumbent upon awardees, per University Scholarship Council and SFA Office policies
Duration of Grant:
1. For elementary and high school, the grant is for one (1) school year only; for college, the grant is for one (1) trimester only. Grants are renewable thereafter upon compliance with SCC conditions.
2. The grant may be renewed only if the personnel sponsor meets the basic application/renewal qualification (i.e. in active service with DLSU).
3. For elementary and high school, the grant may be renewed up to the final grade/year of the level. For college, the grant may be renewed only up to the regular span of the student’s curriculum as indicated in the program checklist.
Number of Slots
Scholarship Application Schedule
|Application Period||Exam Schedule||Scholarship Results Date|
|on or before April 15||no examinations||to be announced by DLSU OAS|
Scholarship Exam Coverage