Loren Legarda-Leviste is a Filipino environmentalist and politician of Visayan ancestry, notable as the only female to top two senatorial elections (1998 and 2007). During the 2004 Philippine general election, she ran for the position of Vice-President as an Independent with Fernando Poe, Jr. as running mate and again during the 2010 Philippine presidential election, for the same position as a member of the Nationalist People’s Coalition (NPC) with Manny Villar. US embassy cables leaked by Wikileaks include her as one of the five most influential women in the Philippines.
Legarda is a notable advocate of Climate Change Awareness and has numerous achievements in the fields of social development and human rights advocacy along with her work in journalism. As a journalist, she has received many awards. In 2008, she was chosen as “United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction Asia Pacific Regional Champion for Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation”. She was a member of the Philippine delegation during the 2009 Copenhagen Summit.
In 1989, she married Former Batangas Governor Antonio Leviste. Their marriage produced two sons: Lorenzo Leviste and Leandro Leviste. They separated in 2003 and their marriage was annulled in 2008.
She is currently a Lieutenant Colonel in the Philippine Air Force Reserve Corps. The Maranao Sultanate League of the Moro people bestowed the honorary title of “Bai Alabi” (“Princess”) on her.
1. School fees as assessed but not to exceed P 4,000.00/semester
2. Book allowance P 1,000.00/semester
3. Monthly stipend of P 650.00/month (3,250.00/semester)
1. Must have no grade of “5” and unremoved “4” or “incomplete” and must have carried a regular load in the semester immediately preceding the application;
2. Must have good moral character and must not have been the subject of a disciplinary action worse than a 5-day class suspension;
3. Must have obtained a weighted average of at least “2.0” or better;
4. Must be natural-born Filipino citizen.
scholarship is renewable every semester.
Number of Slots
Scholarship Application Schedule
|Application Period||Exam Schedule||Scholarship Results Date|
|Aug. 29, 2014||no examinations||to be announced by the UP Diliman OSSS|
Scholarship Exam Coverage