SKAL INTERNATIONAL MANILA is an exclusive multi-sectoral association of top-level travel and tourism professionals representing airlines, hotels, travel agencies, tour operators, tourist transport companies, convention organizers, travel publications, tourist restaurants and other travel and tourism-related organizations.
Now on its 60th year of existence, SKAL Manila is the Philippines’ oldest and largest SKAL chapter. It belongs to the National Committee of SKAL Philippines, the SKAL Asia Area Committee and SKAL International, the latter of which is based in Torremolinos, Spain.
It is one of around 500 chapters all over the world with a total membership of over 20,000.
SKAL is a Scandinavian word that means Toast! The SKAL movement,now 78 years old, believes in international tourism development through friendship.
The Skal Club Of Manila Tourism Scholarship started in 1997 at the University of the Philippines Diliman.
school fees up to P 6,000.00
book allowance – P 500.00
monthly stipend -P 1,200.00
board and lodging allowance – P 1,000.00
monthly transportation allowance -P 200.00
1. must not have been found guilty or cheating or committing any act of misconduct in relation to his or her studies, or involving moral turpitude.
2. must not have been found guilty of participating in any violent incident such as hazing and/or fraternity rumbles, whether on campus or off campus;
3. must not be a holder of any other scholarship. In case he/she holds or gets another scholarship, the holder must inform the UP Office of Scholarships & Student Services so that there will be no duplication of benefits;
4. must be financially deserving. A student is financially deserving if his/her financial situation qualified him/her for STFAP barcket 7 (seven) or lower;
5. must be Filipino citizen;
6. must have obtained a general weighted average of “2.00” or better and must have carried a load of at least 15 units with no grade of “5.00” or unremoved “4.00” or “inc” in the semester immediately preceding the application;
scholarship is renewable each semester.
Renewal: “2.0” or better
Number of Slots
Scholarship Application Schedule
|Application Period||Exam Schedule||Scholarship Results Date|
|Aug. 29, 2014||none||to be announced by the UP Diliman OSSS|
Scholarship Exam Coverage