Phinma Foundation, Inc. is the corporate social responsibility arm of Phinma Corporation. It supports the company’s focus in providing the basic needs of the Filipino through its involvement in the following service sectors: Education, Shelter, Energy and Financial Services . It also manages a restricted fund that provides financial assistance to individuals studying for the priesthood and renewal program for bishops.
The foundation aims to provide opportunities to the least privileged but most capable youth of the country by giving more than just tuition. The PHINMA NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP is a leadership training program which aims to identify and nurture candidates who manifest consistent academic excellence, strong leadership potential, as well as concrete evidence of financial incapacity.
• 100% of all tuition and fees for the normal length of the program
• Monthly allowance support
• Book and uniform allowance
•Participation in the PHINMA NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM Big Brother/Big Sister Program
1. Applicants must demonstrate both NEED and exceptional TALENT
2. Scholars must maintain Minimum grade point average: PNU – Average of 85% with no grade below 80% UP Diliman – GWA of 2.25
3. Scholars must pursue current academic program and course must become an active member of at least one school-based organization.
4. Graduating scholars are expected to work in the Philippines for at least five (5)
years and encouraged to work in PHINMA for 1 year as “pay it forward principle” partner
• Must have been evaluated by the UP Socialized Tuition Fee and Assistance Program Office processes to determine their financial capacity (for UP students only).
• Must provide a photocopy of latest Income Tax Return or BIR form 2316 (W2) of each employed or self-employed parent. Those with unemployed parents must submit a certificate of non-filing of ITR or photocopies of utility bills (electric and telephone) for the last 3 months.
• Must have passed the UP or PNU entrance examination and have been accepted into the Engineering, Accountancy, or Education program.
• Must undergo a panel interview.
• Must be among the top five (5) percent of their graduating high school class (for incoming freshmen).
• Must be recommended by their high school principal (for incoming freshmen)
Please provide the following:
1. Photocopy of latest Income Tax Return or BIR Form 2316 (W2) of each employed or self-employed parent. For unemployed parents, must submit a certificate of non-filing of ITR or photocopy of utility bill (electric and telephone) for the last 3 months.
2. Copy of letter of acceptance to PNU or UP Diliman
3. Letter of recommendation from the high school principal. Letter must also state that the student is among the top five percent of their graduating high school class.
4. Official transcript or record of most recent academic year
5. Letter of recommendation from their College Dean
6. Letter of recommendation from another person of authority (e.g. employer, priest, mentor, etc.) attesting to applicant’s good moral character.
7. 2PCS. 2X2 Recent Colored Photo (photocopies not allowed)
8. ESSAYS: (Limit to 1-page each, font size 12, single spacing)
What strengths and weaknesses do I possess, and how can I contribute to the PHINMA NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP Program as an individual?
Why did I choose to pursue a career in Education/Accountancy/ Engineering?
Number of Slots
Scholarship Application Schedule
|Application Period||Exam Schedule||Scholarship Results Date|
Scholarship Exam Coverage
- UPCAT coverage
- PUP entrance axam