For the past 100 years, the officers training school of the Armed Forces in the Philippines has made Baguio City its home.The Philippine Military Academy (PMA) boast of a long and illustrious history of preparing only the best Filipino men (and, in recent times, women) for military service.
In 1993, PMA was transformed into a ‘Tri-Service Academy’, which introduced specialized, branch-of-service-specific courses in the last two years of training, preparing fresh PMA graduates for their specific branch of service, for the graduates to be ‘field-ready’, ‘fleet-ready’ or ‘squadron-ready’ upon graduation. Also that same year, in accordance with Republic Act 7192, the first female cadets were admitted into the Philippine Military Academy.
A noble privilege in serving the country
Free college education with a well-rounded curriculum
Monthly salary and allowances
Guaranteed job after graduation
Progressive career as an officer in the Philippine ARMY, NAVY or AIRFORCE
1. Natural born Filipino citizen
2. Physically fit and of good moral character
3. Single and has never been married nor pregnant nor have a legal obligation to support a child or children
4. At least High School Graduate
5. No Administrative/Criminal Case
6. Must pass the PMA Entrance Examination
7. Minimum height requirement: 5 feet for both male and female (not to exceed 6’ 4” for both)
8. Age requirement: Applicants vying to enter PMA on 01 April 2015 should have been born from 01 April 1993 to 01 April 1998.
Note: Applicants younger than 17 years old but at least 16 years old on 01 April 2015 following the date of examination may apply for cadetship provided that the applicant possesses the above mentioned qualifications. Should the applicant pass the qualifying exam, the procedure in handling underage applicants will apply.
Examination permits will be sent through mail to the address reflected by the applicants in their application forms.
After receiving the Test Permit from the OCA, the applicant will report to the designated Examination Center on the date indicated on the permit. The applicant is to bring said Test Permit so that s/he will be allowed by the Proctors to take the Exam.
Things you should bring during the exam day:
– NSO copy of your birth certificate of Birth Certificate and certified true copy of Form-137 (Transcript of Records or High School Report Card)
– 2 x 2 ID Picture
– Valid ID (preferably school/driver’s license)
– at least 2 pencils ( no. 2)
Minimum Requirements for Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
Sit up – 35 reps
Push up – 30 reps
3.2 km – 19:00″
Sit up – 25 reps
Bench push up – 25 reps
3.2 km – 21:00″
Number of Slots
Scholarship Application Schedule
|Application Period||Exam Schedule||Scholarship Results Date|
|Manual Submission of Application: 25 July 2014; Online Submission of Application: 25 July 2014||August 3, 2014||September, released online, through newspaper or by mail|
Scholarship Exam Coverage
- Philippine Military Academy Cadet Qualification Test (PMACQT)
- Algebra and Geometry
- Grammar and Composition
- Reading and Comprehension
- Verbal and Numerical Reasoning
- Pattern Analysis