Manulife has been conducting business in the Philippines for over 100 years. One of the oldest life insurance firms in the country, Manulife received its license in 1907 to operate in Manila, 20 years after the company was first established in Toronto, Canada in 1887 by Sir John A. Macdonald, who had concurrently held the post of Prime Minister of Canada.
The first foreign company to list in the Philippine Stock Exchange, Manulife is among the top life insurance companies in the country today. A dedication to client service has paved the way for the Company’s growth and increased financial strength throughout the years.
In its aim to increase the pool of actuarial talent for the financial services industry, Manulife has announced new scholarships in 2012 for outstanding students and
faculty, in partnership with the University of the Philippines (UP)-Diliman College of Science, the country’s premier state university.
1. a professorial chair in actuarial science
2. internships to qualified students who intend to pursue careers in the financial services industry.
1. awarded to qualified freshmen and final year students at the UP-Diliman College of Science
2. based on the students’ academic performance, financial situation and a written essay.
1. Scholars are selected by a committee comprised of UP-Diliman College of Science faculty and Manulife executives
Number of Slots
Scholarship Application Schedule
|Application Period||Exam Schedule||Scholarship Results Date|
|Aug. 29, 2014||no examinations||to be announced by UP Diliman OSSS|
Scholarship Exam Coverage