PAMWE was established in 1980 by a group of Filipino engineers within the District of Columbia, State of Maryland and Commonwealth of Virginia.
PAMWE general membership is comprised of professional engineers from varied disciplines and related fields. Collectively, their talents, skills, expertise, and contacts provide the association with extensive assets. Such assets have been instrumental in accomplishing its goals, thus making PAMWE a respected professional organization in the Washington Metropolitan area.
The primary objectives of PAMWE include:
• Granting academic scholarships to deserving students
• Serving as a hospitality house for Filipino-American engineers and other related professionals who are new to the Washington Metropolitan area
• Establishing and maintaining an employment/placement assistance program
P10,000 per semester
1. Must be a Filipino citizen;
2. Must be a bona fide THIRD or FOURTH YEAR UP students in any field of ENGINEERING who must have obtained an average of “2.50” or better and must have carried a load of at least 15 units with no grade of “5.00” or unremoved grade of “4.00” or “INC” in the semester immediately preceding the application;
3. Must not be a recipient of any financial grant or scholarship;
4. Must not have been subject of any disciplinary action worse than a five-day class suspension.
scholarship renewed every semester
Renewal grade average: “2.5”
Number of Slots
Scholarship Application Schedule
|Application Period||Exam Schedule||Scholarship Results Date|
|June 13, 2014||no exams||announced by UP OSSA|
Scholarship Exam Coverage