SWEEP or the Smart Wireless Engineering Education Program is a first-of-its-kind industry-academe partnership that seeks to improve the level of technology and engineering education in the country, particularly in the field of Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE).
The program is designed to complement the school’s existing ECE and IT programs by providing training and lectures on the latest developments in wireless technologies.
• Invests in deserving students to give them the opportunity to enhance their lives.
• Invests in its partner SWEEP schools to aid in its thrust to provide quality education to its students, who are the resources to build the country’s future.
• Invests in the company to aid in its quality human resource requirements amidst a global economy.
• Invests in the country to help the nation compete globally and develop the planet sustainably.
It is premised that students in state colleges and universities are in more need of financial assistance to pursue their studies. Further, limited resources will serve a larger number of beneficiaries in the State schools.
• Payment of assessed school fees not exceeding P6,000.00 per semester
• Book allowance of P2,000.00 per semester
• Stipend of P3,000.00 per month
Note: Chosen scholar must have a Smart Money card where Smart will credit the book allowance and the stipend every month
Scholarships are awarded to two students per affiliate school.
To avail of the scholarship, the student must:
1. Be a Filipino citizen
2. Be a full time, graduating student taking up any of the following degree courses: Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology.
3. Be in good physical and mental health
4. Not be receiving other scholarships
5. Have an excellent academic record and pass all the academic subjects in his/her enrolled curriculum with a minimum grade of “2.5” per subject or better, and with no grade of “5.00” or unremoved “4.00” or “inc.” in the semester immediately preceding the application
6. Not only excel academically but also has leadership potential and community involvement thru active participation in program and club activities from the college, university and the community
7. Possess good moral character and must not have any record of disciplinary action for the duration of the program
8. Be financially needy (parents’ annual gross income must not exceed P300,000 or may vary depending on the financial bracketing set by the school)
9. Carry a regular academic load prescribed for every year of the academic term of the course
10. Not shift to another course/major other than the original course/major at the time of application to and acceptance into the Program.
11. Understand that as recipient of the scholarship, SMART reserves the right of first refusal for possible employment of the Scholar upon graduation.
must accomplish the SWEEP Scholarship Application Form (download from
www.smartsweep.ph) and must apply at their respective Scholarship Offices.
The school will pre-qualify three (3) students and endorse the same to SMART. Upon receipt of the application forms, SMART’s selection committee will screen and choose one (1) scholar per school. The decision of the selection committee will be deemed final.
The University shall report to SMART, at the end of every semester, the academic and school standings of the scholar. This shall be the basis of checking if any of the following grounds for termination of eligibility as scholars exists:
1. A grade below 2.50 in each subject, even if the GWA of 2.50 is still attained.
2. Gross violation of the University’s policies and regulations.
3. Committing an offense against moral values.
4. Committing a crime against a person and state.
5. Transfer to a different course other than original course/major at the time of application to and acceptance into the Scholarship Program.
If any of the aforementioned grounds exists, the scholar will automatically lose his/her scholarship entitlements unless deemed otherwise by SMART.
Number of Slots
Scholarship Application Schedule
|Application Period||Exam Schedule||Scholarship Results Date|
Scholarship Exam Coverage
- no exams