The Maritime Academy of Asia and the Pacific (MAAP) is a non-stock, non-profit maritime higher educational institution which is owned, developed and operated by the Associated Marine Officers’ and Seamen’s Union of the Philippines. AMOSUP is founded by the late Capt. Gregorio S Oca. The board is comprised of representatives from the private sector, the International Transport Workers Federation, the All Japan Seamen’s Union, the International Mariners Management Association of Japan, the Norwegian Seafarers’ Union, the International Maritime Employers’ Committee, the Danish Shipowners’ Association, the Norwegian Shipowners’ Association, and the Japanese Shipowners’ Association.
MAAP’s primary objective is to meet the ever increasing demand of both local and foreign shipping companies with well disciplined, ably trained, competent and qualified deck officers and marine engineers who are readily at hand in a globally competitive maritime trade and industry.
MAAP students are all scholars who are entitled to free tuition, board and lodging. They receive a comprehensive, up-to-date and well-rounded education that fully complies with the requirements of STCW 95 and the Commision on Higher Education (CHED).
1. Scholarship grant
2. Free board and lodging
3. Insured while enrolled in the Academy
4. In-house shipboard training
5. Personality, character, and leadership development through physical fitness, emotional literacy, NROTC and varied extracurricular activities
6. Use of modern equipment and facilities
7. Lucrative employment onboard modern vessels of foreign shipping companies
1. Male or female, Single
2. Filipino Citizen
3. Physically fit
4. Morally upright and has no derogatory record
5. Born from 01-Jan-1994 to 31-Mar-1999
6. May be a high school or college graduate or candidate for graduation from both
7. Minimum height of 5 ft. 4 in. (162.5 cm) for MALE and 5 ft. 2 in. (157.5 cm) for FEMALE applicants
9. Has never been officially admitted at MAAP
NOTE: Strictly comply with qualification requirements. Inaccurate records may disqualify an applicant.
1. 2 copies of 2 x 2 colored pictures
2. Payment of non-refundable processing fee of P 300.00 in cash or check/money order payable to MAAP
3. Photocopy of birth certificate
4. Photocopy of valid school ID or certification from your principal/registrar, that you are a bonafide or graduating student with good standing
5. Photocopy of High School Report Card with at least a GPA of 83%.
— For High School Graduating Student :
High School Report Card during your 3rd Year Level.
— For College Level :
High School Report Card during your 4th Year Level.
6. Mailing Fee – Php 115.00 via courier or express delivery
1. Get MAAP scholarship application forms from any of the testing/filing centers, Naval ROTC units, or PCG stations nationwide
2. Submit duly accomplished application form with the requirements to designated filing centers either by mail or in person
3. Receive admission slip either by mail or in person
NOTE: Registration time for entrance examination starts at 0630H and ends at 0930H.
Please check http://www.maap.edu.ph/New%20BOA/NewBOASchedule.html for schedule and venue of examination.
Applicants must pass/meet standards covering four stages:
1. MAAP Entrance examination inclusive of the aptitude/emotional/intelligence/personality/psychological/neuro-psychiatric tests
Personal interview to be conducted by the BOA members
2. MAAP Medical criteria inclusive of physical, drug, lungs, dental, laboratory, audio test and color blindness test (ISHIHARA) test, visual acuity for far vision should be at least 20/30.
3. Orientation training for two months (April-May) inclusive of refresher classes in Math and English coupled with semi-regimental training.
Number of Slots
Scholarship Application Schedule
|Application Period||Exam Schedule||Scholarship Results Date|
|up to July||please check http://www.maap.edu.ph/New%20BOA/NewBOASchedule.html for venue and schedule of examination||1st week of December (via call, text or email)|
Scholarship Exam Coverage
- MAAP Entrance examination
- emotional/intelligence/personality/psychological/neuro-psychiatric tests
- English and Science