CAGAYAN Electric Power and Light Company (Cepalco) began its operations in 1952 with a modest power generating capacity of 5000 KW and a customer base of only 750. In 1962 a legislative franchise to serve Cagayan de Oro City was obtained by the company. Shortly thereafter, this franchise was expanded to cover the municipalities of Tagoloan and Villanueva, where the 3,000 hectare PHIVIDEC Industrial Estate sits, and Jasaan, all in the Province of Misamis Oriental.
The grant started in 1992 and is open to all bona fide UNDERGRADUATE ENGINEERING students in UP Diliman.
1. Allowance for school fees up to P10,000.00 per semester
2. Book allowance of P3,000.00 per semester
3. Monthly stipend of P2,400.00
1. Must be a Filipino citizen;
2. Must come or hail from MINDANAO, preferably from CEPALCO’s Franchise Area (Cagayan De Oro and nearby municipalities of Tagoloan, Jasaan, and Villanueva in Misamis Oriental);
3. Must belong to STFAP Brackets 5 to 8;
4. Must not be a recipient of any scholarship;
5. Must not have been subjected to any disciplinary action involving a penalty of at least five days’ suspension, or found guilty of a more serious offense;
6. Must not have been found guilty of participating in any violent incident, such as hazing and/or fraternity rumbles, whether on campus or off-campus;
7. Must not be related to any CEPALCO employee up to the 4th degree of consanguinity or affinity;
8. Must pass the competitive examination to be administered or sanctioned by the College of Engineering Committee on Scholarships & Awards.
Scholars must maintain a grade of 2.50 as precondition for the continuous financial assistance for straight full four years term until they graduate.
if sophomore or junior students, must not have incurred a grade of “4.00” or “5” during the past two semesters enrolled in, including summer (if enrolled).
if incoming freshman, must have been among the top 10% of their graduating class;
The testing and recommendation is left to the school’s Scholarship Board depending on the aptitude and performance of students in the past school he attended. It’s the school that does the nomination after background check of the status of parents is done by the company. The nominees would then just be officially informed for the official signing of agreement of the scholarship grant.
Number of Slots
Scholarship Application Schedule
|Application Period||Exam Schedule||Scholarship Results Date|
|June 13, 2014|
Scholarship Exam Coverage
- Engineering subjects