Academic-Clinic is glad to announce that Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center is sponsoring another UPCAT essay-writing contest. If you recall, Brain Train launched this first-of-its-kind contest last year. Little did anyone know then that it was a portent of things to come. That year, the UPCAT actually had an essay-writing portion.
Well, this year, Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center is giving another batch of UP hopefuls a chance to sharpen their writing quills and hone their creative skills. At stake are slots to the Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center’s UPCAT Review Program for 2013.
To participate in this year’s contest, simply compose an essay about the essay topic, submit it by the deadline, promote it among your friends, family and schoolmates during the Facebook Voting Period, then wait for the announcement of winners.
It’s that simple! So what are you waiting for? JOIN NOW!
See below for complete information on the essay-writing contest.
UPCAT Essay-Writing Contest Details
What to Look for When Choosing your UPCAT Review Center
January 7, 2013 – January 20, 2013
Facebook Voting Period
January 21, 2013 – Feburary 3, 2013 [voting cut-off at 10pm]
Announcement of Winners
February 5, 2013
3 Winners Will Be Chosen
- People’s Choice – the entry with the greatest number of Facebook “Likes”
- Academic-Clinic’s Choice – the entry chosen by Academic-Clinic
- Brain Train’s Choice – the entry chosen by Brain Train
Each of the 3 Winners will get 1 Brain Train UPCAT Review Slot* worth PhP 7,000++.
No contestant may win more than 1 slot. Prizes are non-convertible to cash and non-transferable.
*The review slot may be claimed at either Los Baños, Laguna or Greenfield, Sta. Rosa City. If a winner wants to avail of his/her prize at a venue other than those specified above, he/she MUST pay a minimal fee of PhP 1,500.00 to cover review venue costs.
SUBMIT UPCAT ESSAY
UPCAT Essay-Writing Contest Rules
This contest is open to all junior high school students (or equivalent) who are17 years old and below.
How to Join
Eligible contestants must:
- Become a fan of Academic-Clinic (http://www.facebook.com/academic.clinic) and Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center (http://www.facebook.com/braintraincenter) on Facebook. When it’s time to select and declare the 3 winners, we will consider only contestants who are confirmed fans of Academic-Clinic and Brain Train.
- When the Submission Period commences, go to the UPCAT Essay Submission page. Click “Like” or “Send” and/or share the submission page to other social networks using the readily available options.
- Next, complete the UPCAT Essay Submission form, upload a copy of your essay (only files with the following extensions may be uploaded: .doc, .docx, .rtf, and .odt) and “Submit.” This will send your entry to both Academic-Clinic and Brain Train. Brain Train will screen your entry then publish it at their blog at the start of the Facebook Voting Period.
- After submitting your entry, go to the Brain Train Blog (http://brain-train.com.ph/blog) and SUBSCRIBE; you’ll find the subscribe form at the right side of the website, just underneath the blog’s menu bar. This step is important. By subscribing, you’ll stay updated on Brain Train’s blog posts and you’ll know exactly when your essay and those of your competitors are published.
- When the Facebook Voting Period commences, go to Brain Train’s blog (http://brain-train.com.ph/blog), look for your essay/entry, copy your entry’s URL and promote it on Facebook.
- During the Facebook Voting Period, get as many “Likes” as you can. One “Like” is one vote. At this time, Brain Train and Academic-Clinic will also be reviewing all the entries from eligible contestants to choose the Brain Train’s Choice and the Academic-Clinic’s Choice, respectively.
- When the Facebook Voting Period ends, Brain Train will tally the Facebook votes for all entries. Brain Train and Academic Clinic will also finalize their respective winners.
- On February 5, 2013, all 3 winners will be declared. The announcement will be published at Academic-Clinic, at the Academic-Clinic Fanpage and at the Brain Train Blog. Winners will also receive notice via email.
How to Gain Bonus Points
You can gain plus points that could increase your chance of becoming Brain Train’s Choice by:
- Following Brain Train on Twitter (@bra1n_tra1n).
- Tagging Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center in relevant Facebook comments and shoutouts; by relevant comments and shoutouts, we mean those that pertain to the UPCAT Essay Writing Contest or those that indicate you’re enrolling in Brain Train’s UPCAT Review.
How to Claim Your Prize
Lucky winners must coordinate with Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center to claim their prize. Winners may also contact Academic-Clinic.com (admin [at] academic-clinic.com ) if they need help coordinating with Brain Train.
If a winner is already registered with Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center, then he or she is eligible to receive a refund of his or her registration fee, provided that:
- If said winner is enrolled in either the Los Baños or Greenfield venue, he or she shall receive a full refund.
- If said winner is enrolled in a venue other than that in Los Baños or Greenfield, he or she shall be refunded his or her review fee diminished by the PhP 1,500.00 charge that will cover review venue costs.
Prizes not claimed by March 8, 2013 (Friday) will be voided.
JOIN UPCAT ESSAY-WRITING CONTEST
UPCAT Essay-Writing Contest Important Notes
- This contest is sponsored by Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center. Brain Train is furnishing all the prizes for this contest.
- All entries will become property of Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center.
- By submitting your entry, you give Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center the right to publish it at their website, blog and all other venues (whether their own or designated by them), both online and offline, for marketing or any other purpose.
A little something about Brain-Train Tutorial & Review Center:
Brain Train Tutorial & Review Center is one of the leading UPCAT Review Centers in the country. It was named UPCAT Review Center of the Year in Academic-Clinic’s Students’ Choice Award for two consecutive years (2011 and 2012).
PROCEED TO ESSAY SUBMISSION FORM