A scholarship grant for a maximum of one academic year for non-degree, one to two years for masters, and two years for doctoral degree studies. It’s a scholarship for Filipinos to study at the graduate level (doctoral studies or masters) or pursue non-degree doctoral dissertation research or doctoral enrichment in the United States. It is financed by the Philippine–American Educational Foundation.
2. Number of Slots:
No definite quantity. It depends to the number of qualified applicants.
3. Courses Covered:
Courses must be related to the following field…
– It includes the environment, human rights, civic education, governance and public administration, peace studies/conflict transformation, international relations and transnational issues, international economics, international business, international law, and information and communication technology (ICT).
– Study of American society, life, and culture through such fields as history, law, humanities, economics, education, government, arts, law, literature, the multi-disciplinary field of American Studies or any other humanities or social science field with significant study of the US subject matter .
– Fields of study not covered by the 1st 2 field categories EXCEPT nursing, applied mathematics, medicine, engineering, and other health-related disciplines and applied sciences.
4. Schools Covered:
It depends on Institute of International Education (IIE). They will review your application and match you with four universities. A good match is achieved when the university has the program you want and if your qualifications meet the requirements of the university. IIE will submit your application to at least four universities. IIE will honor your choice but if there is no match between you and your choice/choices, IIE will find other universities where you stand a better chance of gaining admission.
5. Scholarship Benefits:
This grant provides…
– tuition and fees for university course work
– Health and accident insurance
– round-trip international travel
– in-transit allowance
– Settling-in allowance
– monthly maintenance allowance,
– book/supplies allowance
– professional activities
– dissertation research allowance (for Ph.D. grantees)
– Must be a Filipino citizen
– Must have major in field of specialization in college degree with great academic record.
– Must have good English proficiency
– Applicants for the degree programs must younger than 40 yrs old at the time of application. The age requirement is not needed for non-degree study.
– must have at least two years of professional work experience (after college) in their field of specialization.
– Non-degree applicants must meet the added requirements:
Applicants for doctoral enrichment must be a current student in a relevant study program in a Philippine university
Applicants for doctoral dissertation must prove that materials needed to pursue research are available in the United States and not in the Philippines.
– must be in good health
– Applicants presently studying in the US, permanent residents and holding dual citizenship are NOT eligible.
– Completed 7-page application form
– Certified true copy of diploma
– transcript of records from all colleges/universities attended ( all original)
– NBI Clearance acquired in the past 6 months
– Four letters of reference (forms are included with the application kit)
- Fulbright application forms are available for download. All application requirements, including the application form and the letter of reference form, must be received by PAEF in printed form on or before the published deadline of each year.
– Must return to the Philippines immediately upon completion of study.
– Other guidelines may be discussed at the briefing and orientation of the grantees
9. Scholarship Application and Exam Schedule:
Application period for 2013-2014 Graduate Student Program is from December 12, 2011 to March 23, 2012. Printed copy of completed applications must be received at the PAEF office on or before March 23, 2012. Grantees are expected to begin their studies in the U.S. in late August or early September of 2013. Application is open on December to March each year.
If you meet the basic requirements, it will be sent to the committee members for evaluation. The committee either recommends you for interview or not. Interviews are held towards the end of May each year. Luzon applicants are interviewed in Manila, Cebu for Visayas applicants and Davao or Cagayan de Oro for applicants from Mindanao. If you are chosen as final candidate, you will be asked to complete a new set of application forms similar to the PAEF forms. These forms will be submitted to the Institute of International Education (IIE). Decisions are released through postal mail towards the end of September.
EXAM SCHEDULE: No Data
10. Scholarship Exam Coverage: No data
11. Scholarship Contact Details:
PAEF-Educational Information and Advising Center
10/F Ayala Life-FGU Center-Makati
6811 Ayala Avenue
1226 Makati City