1. Scholarship Background:
Because of their belief that good education is a powerful foundation to built exceptional leadership, Aboitiz Venture Inc. has created a scholarship program designed to support deserving students to pursue their studies.
2. Number of Slots: No data
3. Courses Covered:
– Information Technology
– Business Management
4. Schools Covered:
– Adamson University
– Arellano University
– Assumption College Makati
– Ateneo de Davao University
– Ateneo de Manila University
– Ateneo de Naga University
– Cebu Institute of Technology – University
– Central Philippine University
– College of the Holy Spirit Manila
– De La Salle – College of St. Benilde
– De La Salle University
– Don Bosco Technical College
– Far Eastern University
– Mapua Institute of Technology
– Mindanao State University – Marawi
– Notre Dame University
– Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
– Philippine Christian University
– Polytechnic University of the Philippines
– Saint Louis University
– Saint Pedro Poveda College
– San Beda College
– Silliman University
– St. Mary’s University
– St. Scholastica’s College Manila
– St. Theresa’s College
– Technological Institute of the Philippines Manila
– Technological Institute of the Philippines Quezon City
– Technological University of the Philippines
– University of Asia & the Pacific
– University of Baguio
– University of San Carlos
– University of San Jose – Recoletos
– University of Santo Tomas
– University of Southern Mindanao
– University of St. La Salle
– University of the Cordilleras
– University of the East
– University of the Philippines Cebu
– University of the Philippines Diliman
– University of the Philippines Mindanao
– University of the Visayas
– Xavier University
5. Scholarship Benefits:
– Financial support to defray the cost of tuition
– miscellaneous expenses
– transportation allowance
– book allowance
NOTE: The scholarship can be renewed every semester, given that the student maintains the grade of 85% GPA or its grade equivalent.
The applicant must…
– Be pursuing a degree in Accountancy, Business / Management, IT, or Engineering
– Be a full-time 1st to 4th yr. incoming student of an college or university included in the list.
– Have a / cumulative overall GPA or final average grade not lower than 85% or its equivalent
– Be in good health and with good moral character
– Not have disciplinary action records
– Not have a incomplete or failing grade
– Scholarship Application form.
– Brief essay stating the reasons why the applicant should be awarded with the scholarship grant
– High school report card with grades for the first 3 grading (incoming 1st year) / College transcript for all undergraduate course work, ending with the grades from the 1st semester (incoming 2nd to 4th year). < True Copy>
– Latest income tax return of parents or Affidavit of not filing of income tax return (photocopy)
– School Principal or Registrar certification of the final ave. grade (for incoming 1st year applicants), or the final overall GPA/GWA of the applicant (for 2nd to 4th year applicants).
– Certifications supporting leadership experience, awards received, and community involvements.
– 2 recommendation letters (one academic & one non-academic).
– Certificate of Good Moral
– Certificate of Good Health
– Artwork or Photograph
– The scholar must provide and update his/her personal contact information
– The scholar must have a GWA of 2.5 or higher
– The scholar must not have a grade lower than 3.0 in any course/subject
– The scholar is not allowed to accept any kind of employment while he/she is on the scholarship
9. Scholarship Application and Exam Schedule:
- Corporate HR will review all applications submitted. They will screen the applicants based on the following criteria…
- community involvement
- awards received
- Personal essay.
- leadership ability
- academic performance
All applicants who pass the 1st screening are required to submit a certified true copy of the complete High school Report Card (for incoming 1st year applicants) / second semester grades ( for incoming 2nd year to 4th year applicants).
- Corporate HR will determine the Top 60 who will proceed to the next round of screening which is the initial interview. Applicants who made it to the Top 60 will be notified via phone call.
- From Top 60. Corporate HR will then choose the 30 finalists who will be called for the final phase of the screening process which is the panel interview. Panel interviews will be conducted at the corporate offices of Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. in Banilad, Cebu City or Makati City.
Time Table for 2012
March 23, 2012 Application Deadline
April 16, 2012 Top 60 Finalists Announcement
April 19 – 21, 2012 Initial Interview
April 30 – May 4, 2012 Panel Interview
May 11, 2012 Announcement of New Scholars
June Signing of Memorandum of Agreement
10. Scholarship Exam Coverage: No Data
11. Scholarship Contact Details:
For further clarifications, you may contact…
Aboitiz Equity Ventures,Inc.
Gov. Manuel A. Cuenco Avenue
Banilad, Cebu City
Contact Person: Vianney Yap
CityPhone: +63 32 411 1774
Aboitiz Equity Ventures,Inc.
110 Legazpi St.,Legaspi Village
Contact Person: JC Akol
Phone: +63 2 793 2712