The application for the 2012 PSHS-NCE (Philippine Science High School – National Competitive Examination) is now open. This is the entrance exam to take if you wish to study at any one of the Philippine Science High School campuses in the coming school year – AY 2012-2013.
PSHS-NCE 2012 Schedule:
PSHS-NCE application deadline: July 15, 2011
PSHS-NCE date (the date the entrance test will be administered): September 10, 2011
PSHS-NCE 2012 Application Process:
- Get the PSHS-NCE application form from a PSHS campus, DOST Regional Office or DOST Provincial Science and Technology Office near you or download it from the PSHS website. That form is available, free of charge, and may be photocopied.You need two copies.
- Completely fill out the application forms; incompletely filled out forms will not be processed. Erasures and corrections, moreover, must be initialed.
- Prepare the other requirements:
- 2 identical, recent, 1×1 ID pictures
- Copy of report card, if you do not belong to the upper 10% of the batch (SY 2010-2011)
- Go to any PSHS Campus, DOST Regional Office or DOST Provincial Science and Technology Office to submit your fully accomplished application forms and to pay the test fee, if applicable (100 pesos for applicants from private schools; free for applicants from public schools). Do this on or before July 15, 2011.
- Wait for your Examination Permit. This will be issued by the PSHS campus that handled your application after you have submitted all of the requirements. If you filed your application forms and requirements with a DOST/PS&T office, expect your Exam Permit in the mail; it will be sent either to you or to your school principal.
Important Note: If, 2 weeks before the exam date, you still haven’t received your Exam Permit, you must contact the PSHS Admissions Office or the nearest PSHS campus, DOST Regional Office or DOST Provincial Science & Technology Office to inquire.
PSHS-NCE Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible to take the PSHS-NCE, you must satisfy the following conditions of eligibility:
- You are a Filipino citizen and are not applying for immigrant status in any foreign country.
- You are currently in Grade 6 or Grade 7 in a DepEd accredited/recognized elementary school.
- You are part of the upper 10% of your batch for SY 2010-2011 AND you must not have a grade below 80 (this must be certified by the school principal).
- Your birthday is on or after June 1, 1997
- You are in good health and (according to PSHS) “fit to undergo a rigorous academic program.”
- You are of good conduct and behavior.
- You have not taken the PSHS-NCE before.
Tips for PSHS-NCE Day:
- On the day of the exam, go to your designated testing center at least 1 hour earlier than your scheduled testing time. PSHS-NCE will take place only in one day, but there are two testing schedules: morning and afternoon. For your specific schedule, please refer to your Exam Permit.
- Do not forget to bring your Exam Permit and your school ID.
- You need two, sharpened soft-lead pencils (ou won’t go wrong with Mongol #2) and an eraser.
- Snacks are allowed so bring them, too, if you want.