Newsflash to elementary students out there who want to study in Philippine Science High School for the School Year 2011-2012: the application for the Philippine Science High School National Competitive Examination (PSHS-NCE) is now ongoing. The deadline for the submission of the Pisay NCE application requirements is August 27, 2010. The Philippine Science High School entrance exam is set to take place on November 6, 2010.
The following are the eligibility criteria. You must satisfy these to be eligible to take the Philippine Science High School entrance test:
- You must not have taken the PSHS-NCE before. No second takes allowed, in other words.
- You must be a Filipino citizen and must not have any pending application to immigrate to another country
- Your birthday must be on or
beforeafter June 1, 1996
- You must be a Grade 6 or Grade 7 student from an elementary school accredited/recognized by the Department of Education or DepEd.
- You must belong to the top 10% of your batch, with a grade of 80 and above for all subjects. This needs your school principal’s certification as you can see in the application form.Good news: Even if you don’t belong to the top 10% of your batch, you are still eligible to take the Pisay entrance exam as long as you have a grade of 85 or higher for Science and Math as well as a grade of 80 or higher in all other subjects. This also needs to be certified by your school principal and you must attach supporting documentation – i.e. your report card for SY 2009-2010.
- You must be in good health. This is to ensure that you will be fit to undertake Pisay’s rigorous academic program.
- You must be of “good conduct and behavior” [ tee hee… 🙂 ]
- Two (2) fully accomplished PSHS-NCE application forms.
- Two (2) 1 x 1 ID pictures; the two ID pictures must be identical
- Payment of the non-refundable Test Fee (which is P100) – but this requirement is for private school students only; public school students don’t need to pay the testing fee.
- A copy of the current report card (SY 2009-2010 report card) – but only if you don’t belong to the upper 10% of your batch.
Where to submit application forms and other requirements:
- Provincial Science and Technology Centers
- DOST Regional Centers
- Any Philippine Science High School Campus
- The Philippine Science High School Main Campus
- If you make any erasures or alteration and insertions to your application forms, you must initial such changes.
- After you have submitted your application forms and other requirements, wait for the Test Permit. It will be mailed to you. If the exam date is approaching and you haven’t received the Test Permit, immediately contact the nearest Provincial S&T center, DOST Regional Center or PSHS campus to inquire about your Test Permit status.