Marikina Science High School Admission Procedure
Selection shall be done in three stages
1. Screening(Submission of the Application Forms and other Documents)
2. Qualifying Exam
- Only Grade VI students whose average grade in all English, Science and Math subjects is 85% and above are qualified to take the Marikina Science High School Admission Test. Prioritization of the residency will be based on the City Ordinance No.028 Series of 2002.
- The average will be given 20% weight. The students should submit all the necessary credentials before the issuance of the Test Permit.
- Students will be given the test schedule and the room assignment for the qualifying
4. After the qualifying examination, students will be ranked according to their score. The upper 50% of the examinees will proceed to the next phase which is the interview.
5. Only those with interview slips will be interviewed. Interviewees will likewise be given the room assignments and the date and time of the interview.
6. During the interview, students will be asked to read silently and orally a reading passage. After which, the students will be asked questions based on the reading passage. A separate question will also be given to determine the speaking and thinking skills of the students.
Below is the Distribution of Scores
Reading Skill 10
Reading Comprehension 10
7. The score obtained by the students in the interview will be transmuted using the formula Score /30X100. This comprises 30% of the students total score.
8. The students’ total score will be computed as follows:
a. Weighted Average Grade in
English, Science & Math
(2nd Grading Period) 20%
b. Entrance Exam 50%
c. Interview 30%
In order to be admitted, the students should belong to the top qualifier as per quota requirement which is 200.
Applicants must also submit the following:
- Proof of residency
- Proof of billing (water/electric bills, etc.)
- Postal ID
- Driver’s ID
- Voter’s ID
- Photocopy of Form 138 (school report card for 1st and 2nd Grading Period)
- Average grade of 85% in English, Mathematics and Science and no grade lower than 80% in other subjects.
- 2 pcs. 1” x 1” ID picture
DATES TO REMEMBER
Nov. 2, 2010 – Dec. 10, 2010 -Issuance and Submission of Application Form
Jan. 8, 2011 (Saturday) -Entrance Exam
Jan. 19, 2011 -Release of Exam Results and Interview Schedule
Feb. 23, 2011 -Release of Results to Qualified Applicants
ALBERT B. MUTIA
For Inquiries call Tel # 647-4262 and look for Mrs. Nancy Suegay School Registrar.